马上注册,结交更多好友,享用更多功能,让你轻松玩转最有爱的海贼王论坛。

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有账号?立即注册

本帖最后由 ExacT 于 2016-12-22 22:49 编辑

****TalkOP海贼王论坛分析区****
          作者ID:Artur
          转载日期:2016.12.22
          *********转载请保留*********
    经授权转载,来自外站分析师的精彩分析,细节不容错过。

I’ve been working on getting back and on previous analysis, but this time I just had far too many things in mind with this chapter that I had to do a quick improvised Chapter Secrets. The series will be back in full force by beginning of next year but for now enjoy this special!

Disclaimer: I won’t get into too many things that were introduced in previous chapters. Yes, Diesel is a type of train and a food brand among other things, but he was introduced in another chapter. I’ll get to him and others in more detail in the future.

– The cover is a pun on “heavy smoker” since Heavy is written as “Hebi” in Japanese, the same pronunciation as Snake, making it a pun with “heavy smoker” and “Hebi (snake) + Smoker”. The snake, like Smoker, is smoking two cigarettes. He’s also sporting a 30’s Fedora to give that stereotypical image of someone like Humphrey Bogart.
    hebi-smoker.png
    humphrey.jpg

– All clocks point in different hours, which is Oda’s way to say “screw you” to me for trying to find out the hour : P the-clocks.png

the-clocks

– This woman’s design is quite similar to that of Elizabeth, aka the idealized version of Tibany. Just a case of Oda drawing two similar background characters.
    bathing-woman.png elizabeth.png

bathing-woman elizabeth
    – Welp, Pudding’s evil confirmed. This is too much of a plot flag
    evil-pudding-confirmed.png

evil-pudding-confirmed

– It’s interesting that Luffy is willing to lose his hands to make it out of there, since Sanji on the other hand wasn’t willing to lose his own hands to make it out of there

– This chapter introduces Tamago’s and Pedro’s bounty, with Tamago’s standing at 400,002,900 Belly. That’s unprecedented for a million+ bounty to have it’s last three digits not be zero, the only exception being Pandaman whose bounty is 3,333,333, though that is meant to be a joke

– This is another example where bounty does not equal strength. Despite Tamago having a bounty 80,000,000 Belly higher than Zoro’s, he still got easily defeated by Pedro (though he’ll probably get back up)

– Tamago uses a rotating cartwheel to strike Pedro with his leg. In this case, the round egg body is quite helpful, since it’s shape can allow for quicker spinning and for the momentum of the leg to be carried with more force
    cartwheeling.png

cartwheeling

– Big Mom’s crew embodies diversity. In this panel alone we get a man with a chicken crest, one with baroque-like hair (almost Igaram-ish), one that looks like a dwarf and another that looks like a small Capone!
    subordinates.png

subordinates

– In this panel Pedro floats away by using his tail as a propeller, in order to attack Tamago from the side
    propeller-tail.png
    propeller-tail

– This certain “Zepo” is undoubtedly a relative of Bepo, given the same breed, fur, ears, lips, teeth and similar names. However, given how he only had 30 years of life left, I’d say it’s safe to say that he’s his father
    rip-zepo.png
    rip-zepo

– This explains how the roulette works in a case like this one, where the lost years are shared between all accused members (in Jinbe’s case however, the roulette would all be on him). It also confirms what I theorized, that the numbers represent years taken away from you by Big Mom

– RIP Zepo. You will be forgotten

– We were told that Pedro was just a child when Inuarashi and Nekomamushi left Zou. This means that he was born somewhere in the early Kaienreki-1490s which would make him around 30~ish years old. This fits, as with the 50 years taken away it’s as if he were 80~ish years old

– This scene takes place 5 years ago, where we can see a slightly younger Big Mom
    slightly-younger-mama.png

slightly-younger-mama

– Pekoms says that Pedro is “like a brother”, which is fitting enough given how he also called him “brother” when they met again on Zou

– Finally we get a name for “The Dawn”. I was starting to call it “the rebirth”, but the dawn is much more fitting. This refers to what will happen when the One Piece itself is found and the world is turned upside down, though the name “Dawn” tells us that turning this world upside down will give birth to a whole new one, almost like “the dawn of a new world”

– This also is quite interesting, given how the story begins as “Romance Dawn”. In other words, the tale of One Piece begins an ends with a dawn

– Tamago’s attack “Legg Benedict”, contains a pun for “egg” in “Legg”. Benedict also means “Blessed” or “Blessing”

– Pedro strikes down Tamago, in such a way that his egg literally breaks, leaving behind an egg yolk, which does suggest him having some kind of Devil Fruit, probably a Tama Tama no Mi (Egg Egg Fruit) or something
    tamago-not-ded.png
    tamago-not-ded

– However I don’t personally think this is the end for Tamago, for three main reasons, one being his rank and status, two being how his egg powers are unexplored and three being that we didn’t see him defeated, which is something Oda would usually show us. I think instead his egg powers might allow him to reform or strike back to fight Pedro again

– Ok, if anyone else says that Pudding isn’t the three-eyed girl I’m slapping him
    evil-pudding-dayum.png

evil-pudding-dayum
    It’s not like I wanted to sleep tonight anyways

– Well damn, Pudding’s evil. Over the most recent chapters I’ve been lingering between if she was good or evil, since I tried to think what mindfuck Oda wanted to go with. In the most recent chapters I was going towards the side that she was good but I was quite surprised by this! I’m so glad I was wrong, since this came as an amazing plot twist, especially what she said to Luffy and Nami. I guess she suffers from Monet’s anti-nakama syndrome

– I do however think this is quite genius. With so many princesses befriending the Straw Hats, it’s refreshing to see one that is absolute scum. It really shows how much One Piece’s writing has gone up since Zou began. In fact I recommend rereading some of her scenes. It’s very interesting to see her acting and faking once you are completely aware of the truth.

– So this is how the whole thing went: Pudding herself lived in Chocolatown for a few years gaining the trust and love of the citizens around her to build up a reputable trust. When Sanji landed at Chocolatown after having been shown Pudding’s picture, he visited her and she pretended to fall in love with him. As soon as the other Straw Hats arrived and they were spotted by Big Mom’s reconnaissance, Pudding searched for them and used an excuse to approach them and lead them to the Seducing Woods. She kept playing her role even in Tamago’s presence when choosing her dress (who isn’t aware of her true personality), making Pedro and Brook believe that she was innocent. She then proceeded to act as needed and tricked Sanji up until now

– However, beyond all of this, I still think that to a certain extent Pudding could possibly not be entirely evil. OKAY, OKAY, HEAR ME OUT. I’m not trying to beat a dead horse by pretending that Pudding is actually good or anything like that. She’s rotten to the core. But I think there might be more; my reason for this is her third eye. Specifically the fact that when she is evil her third eye shows up yet when she is kind it doesn’t. It’s been incredibly specific
    puddings-third-eye.png
    For example in this case, the eye only appears when she switches to her evil side

– In the datebook Dive into New World it was said that Pudding was part of an unlisted “three-eyed race”. Then again, it also listed Pekoms and Bepo as not Minks, so I don’t think the book was written by Oda. Because of this, I think her third eye might come from a Devil Fruit. This Devil Fruit specifically would allow her to adopt a completely different persona by hiding her eye since, even being the most convincing actress in the world, it’s hard to believe that she has been able to keep such an impeccable persona in front of so many people for years without making a single mistake

– It’s obvious that the evil side is controlling the kinder side but the real question is: is the kind side aware that she is just a version of the evil side, fully knowing her true intentions? Or is the kind side unknowing that she even has an evil side? Truth be told, I think it’s just the first case as I fear that Oda won’t delve into something so complex. But it would’ve been cool if Pudding really had a kind side to her unaware that she was being controlled, making Pudding not good or evil, but both, tricking both sides of fans on the matter

– Anyways, I think that Pudding’s third eye could possibly have some vague inspiration on the third eye of the Hindu deity Shiva. His third eye sees “beyond appearances” (fitting enough with Pudding) but more specifically wipes out all evil with no mercy, awakening Shivas more burtal and merciless side. While Pudding definetely isn’t wiping out evil (unless you count the Germa), her third eye opening is when she becomes more savage

– It’s also worth brining up again the fairy tale “One-Eye, Two-Eye and Three-Eye” where the evil one-eyed and three-eyed sisters tormented the poor two-eyed sister. Two-eyes used a lullaby to make one-eye and three-eyes’ eyes close and fall asleep, but three-eyes’ third eye was immune to this and was able to see how two-eyes secretely procured herself food. But interestingly enough, after certain events the evil sisters decide to repent and apologize to the kinder one

– Though please keep in mind that Oda usually takes few aspects from historical inspirations and mixes them up with his own ideas, so for example the evil sisters repenting doesn’t necessarily confirm Pudding redeeming herself

– Oh and beyond all this, you can see Rabian the Arabian Carpet and Nitro the Jello in her room too. You can also see that her door is locked from the inside

rabian-and-jello
    rabian-and-jello.png
    That’s all for now, I’ll be in full swing next year. Merry Christmas everybody!
    cat
    回复

使用道具 举报

• TA的每日心情
    奋斗
    2019-10-4 15:20
  • 签到天数: 85 天

[LV.6]常住居民II

主题

回帖

积分

海贼

积分
    发表于 2016-12-22 23:26 | 显示全部楼层
    哈哈这原po还挺逗的
    谈到泽波的时候:RIP Zepo. You will be forgotten
    谈到黑布林时候:It’s not like I wanted to sleep tonight anyways
    收起回复
    欢迎访问TalkOP海道-海贼王论坛。论坛和汉化组是爱好者组织,非官方。坛友建的QQ群:456175547 坛友微信群:加talkopwx(若加不上请加talkopwx2)为好友后按提示回复。 会日语翻译、制图、加字幕的伙伴请注明来意添加汉化组报名QQ群:838368203,欢迎加入TalkOP汉化!
    回复 1 0

使用道具 举报

• TA的每日心情
    开心
    2021-4-20 22:47
  • 签到天数: 21 天

[LV.4]偶尔看看III

主题

回帖

积分

海贼

积分
    发表于 2016-12-22 22:56 | 显示全部楼层
    恩,有图有字不错,除了看不懂,堪称完美

来自:Android客户端
    收起回复
    欢迎访问TalkOP海道-海贼王论坛。论坛和汉化组是爱好者组织,非官方。坛友建的QQ群:456175547 坛友微信群:加talkopwx(若加不上请加talkopwx2)为好友后按提示回复。 会日语翻译、制图、加字幕的伙伴请注明来意添加汉化组报名QQ群:838368203,欢迎加入TalkOP汉化!
    回复 1 0

使用道具 举报

• TA的每日心情
    傲娇
    2021-8-14 06:46
  • 签到天数: 962 天

[LV.10]以坛为家III

主题

回帖

积分

超新星

积分
    发表于 2016-12-22 23:06 | 显示全部楼层
    我来大学之后 ,第一件事就是在学英文

= =

我认识了一个靠搬运外文网站分析之类红起来的网红

在这些人的帮助下慢慢学习

然后大三大四根据这些经历,不需要我学得多好

只要会,就有机会进入行业某些领先企业,反而学校里面的一些认可都不重要了

= =

不得不说一句,人类的知识是用英文写的

会英文,娱乐起来都开心些

收起回复
    回复

使用道具 举报

• TA的每日心情
    傲娇
    2021-8-14 06:46
  • 签到天数: 962 天

[LV.10]以坛为家III

主题

回帖

积分

超新星

积分
    发表于 2016-12-22 23:07 | 显示全部楼层
    我来大学之后 ,第一件事就是在学英文

= =

我认识了一个靠搬运外文网站分析之类红起来的网红

在这些人的帮助下慢慢学习

然后大三大四根据这些经历,不需要我学得多好

只要会,就有机会进入行业某些领先企业,反而学校里面的一些认可都不重要了

= =

不得不说一句,人类的知识是用英文写的

会英文,娱乐起来都开心些

收起回复
    回复

使用道具 举报

• TA的每日心情
    开心
    2021-4-20 22:47
  • 签到天数: 21 天

[LV.4]偶尔看看III

主题

回帖

积分

海贼

积分
    发表于 2016-12-22 23:12 | 显示全部楼层
    楼上说的挺好,英文吗,肯定要会,这些我都支持,我也赞同。。不过倒数第二句话就想说,什么叫做人类的知识都是用英文写的?

来自:Android客户端
    收起回复
    回复

使用道具 举报

• TA的每日心情
    开心
    2023-9-1 19:44
  • 签到天数: 1728 天

[LV.Master]伴坛终老

主题

回帖

2万

积分

管理员

不吃蔬菜的钢铁侠

积分

2019年度OP王组织奖罗杰的草帽烧烧果实贝尔梅尔的橘子桶装可乐奇迹的樱花路飞梦寐以求的铜像灵魂之王的吉他奥哈拉博士第一剑豪的野望

发表于 2016-12-22 23:16 | 显示全部楼层
    阿银搬运辛苦了~~~~
    收起回复
    回复

使用道具 举报

• TA的每日心情

2023-3-8 01:33
  • 签到天数: 1409 天

[LV.10]以坛为家III

主题

回帖

积分

超新星

积分
    发表于 2016-12-22 23:20 | 显示全部楼层
    有没有哪位大神帮忙翻译一下呀
    收起回复
    回复

使用道具 举报

• TA的每日心情
    冷漠
    2024-2-23 10:44
  • 签到天数: 70 天

[LV.6]常住居民II

主题

回帖

积分

海贼

积分
    发表于 2016-12-22 23:22 来自手机 | 显示全部楼层
    没有分析很多东西。前面大致讲了蛋蛋男爵和佩德罗的战斗,讲蛋蛋可能是个能力者, 蛋蛋果实什么的,然后说那个死掉的同伴zepo可能是贝波的父亲。后面主要分析了布琳。这个分析者认为布琳已经完全黑化没有洗白的可能了,但他猜还有一种可能是布琳的第三眼是恶魔果实的能力所带来的,开启第三眼就会黑化。另外他的观点和一目是一致的,他也觉得布琳的设定参考了那个印度湿婆。 以上。
    收起回复
    回复

使用道具 举报

• TA的每日心情
    冷漠
    2024-2-23 10:44
  • 签到天数: 70 天

[LV.6]常住居民II

主题

回帖

积分

海贼

积分
    发表于 2016-12-22 23:26 来自手机 | 显示全部楼层
    跟国内的分析差不多 国内的还是要详细些我觉得
    收起回复
    回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

APP下载|新手|活动|导航|手机版|小黑屋|TalkOP海道-海贼王论坛-海贼王中文网-航海王论坛-中国最大的海贼王论坛 ( 苏ICP备14043047号-1 )

JS of wanmeiff.com and vcpic.com Please keep this copyright information, respect of, thank you!JS of wanmeiff.com and vcpic.com Please keep this copyright information, respect of, thank you!

GMT+8, 2024-4-19 20:53 , Processed in 0.069066 second(s), 21 queries , MemCache On.